Today's Technology for Today's Practice...
The E-Prescribing Penalty Countdown Has Begun!
Does MIPPA apply to me?
If E&M services account for more than 10% of your annual total allowed Medicare charges, you are eligible to receive a bonus based on your total Part B payments, not just E&M.
Did You Know?
In July 2008, the federal government implemented the Medicare Improvements for Patients and Providers Act (MIPPA) as an initial step towards mandating e-prescribing technology by using a “carrot and stick” approach. Early adopters are eligible for incentive payments, and providers
who delay utilization of e-prescribing technology will be penalized for non-compliance.
Medicare providers will be faced with a 1% reimbursement Decrease if they do not write 10 prescriptions electronically by June 30th!
Physicians who e-prescribe for Medicare patients are eligible for a 1% increase on their Medicare reimbursement payments in 2011.
HePoEx eRx— The first and only Microsoft® Cloud Services based e-Prescribing Solution
- Real-time drug/drug and drug/allergy alerts
- Retrieve patient’s medication history and perform medication reconciliation.
- FDA Safety Alerts: Generate a report of all effected patients without pulling charts
- View patient health plan formulary requirements (prior authorization, non-covered drug, and drug tier), at point-of-care
- Reduce calls from patients requesting an alternative covered medication, mail order submission or prior authorization
- Prescriptions sent electronically to pharmacy of choice including mail-order
- Reduce calls from pharmacies regarding non-covered medications, drug interactions, and hand-writing questions
- Physician designed software
- With one click, you can...
- Access renewal requests from pharmacies
- Renew multiple patients’ medications
- Write a new prescription from your Favorites List
- Connected with Microsoft® HealthVault™ to share medications list with patients
The Certified HIT Product List
What is HITECH? - On February 17, 2009, President Obama signed into law a $789 billion dollar economic stimulus package... read more
What does HITECH mean to you? - Under HITECH, physicians can qualify for up to $44,000 in Medicare bonus incentives if they demonstrate “meaningful use” of an Electronic Health Record...read more
(Professional Records and Information Management)
(Medical Group Managers Association)
(Association of Information and Image Management)